Link to this page: http://www.socialistparty.org.uk/issue/778/17339
Socialism 2013 Rally and Sessions
For all the latest information, go to www.socialism2013.org
Click to enlarge:
Rally for Socialism
Peter Taaffe, Socialist Party general secretary
Bob Crow, RMT transport union general secretary
Mark Serwotka, PCS general secretary
2 November 2013
Friends Meeting House, 173 Euston Road, NW1 2BJ
10% discount on purchases before 2 November
Socialism 2013 is a crucial event for all those wanting to fight back against a world in turmoil. The Con-Dems' brutal austerity continues, the world economy and Eurozone remain in crisis, revolution and counter-revolution chase each other in the Middle East and mass protests have erupted in Turkey, Brazil, South Africa and elsewhere.
At Socialism 2013, anti-cuts activists, anti-bedroom tax campaigners, trade unionists and youth and student activists will come together for a weekend of discussion and debate.
Socialism 2013 will be a showcase for the socialist alternative to crisis, cuts and capitalism.
Fight the cuts
- Will there be a general strike in Britain?
- Can we save the NHS?
- How can we beat the bedroom tax?
Introduction to Marxism
- Marxist philosophy: using dialectical materialism
- An introduction to Marxist economics
- Historical materialism: how Marxists understand progress
New to socialism?
- Is human nature too greedy for socialism?
- Is the Russian revolution relevant today?
- How could a planned economy work?
- 30 years on: Liverpool: a city that dared to fight
- 20 years on: the murder of Stephen Lawrence, police racism, and the battle to stop the BNP
- 75 years on: The founding of the fourth international
Other sessions include:
- Syrian civil war: what programme should socialists put forward?
- Egypt and Tunisia in turmoil
- Are socialists feminists?
- European elections: how can socialists best counter UKIP?
- South Africa: birth of the Workers' and Socialist Party
Saturday night accommodation available - See website.
Getting to Socialism 2013
Nearest tubes to ULU (sessions) and FMH (rallies): Goodge Street, Warren Street, Euston Square and Euston. Close to: Kings Cross and Euston train stations.
ULU address: University of London Union, Malet Street, London, WC1E 7HY
There will be a full crèche. Please phone or email to book a place.
Join the socialists!
text JOIN to 07761 818 203
phone 020 8988 8777
In The Socialist 4 September 2013:
Socialist Party news and analysis
International socialist news and analysis
Socialist Party reviews
Socialist Party workplace news
Socialist Party reports and campaigns