Link to this page: http://www.socialistparty.org.uk/issue/455/5555
The Socialist Party says:
- No cuts! No closures! No to health privatisation and 'the market.'
- Abandon the Private Finance Initiative (PFI). No more profiteering by building companies and banks. All new hospitals to be built with public funding, not for private profit, and using direct labour.
- Rebuild the NHS as a publicly funded and provided service free at the point of use, with immediate cash to end the crisis of under-funding.
- Representatives of NHS workers, trade unions and health service users should make decisions on how the NHS is run and what its priorities are.
- Nationalise the pharmaceutical industry, the pharmacy chains and medical supply industry under working-class control and management to end the massive subsidy these parasites drain from the NHS. Integrate these services into a democratically controlled NHS.
In The Socialist 21 September 2006:
War and occupation
Socialist Party NHS campaign
Youth and Education
Socialist Party workplace news
International socialist news and analysis