Link to this page: http://www.socialistparty.org.uk/issue/573/7119
The G20 leaders have no solution to the crisis...
Fight to defend every job
Youth March for Jobs
Join the march for jobs
- The right to a decent job for all.
- We won't pay for the bosses' crisis!
- No to job losses. Open the account books to let workers see where the profits have gone.
- Bail out workers not bosses. Nationalise big industries threatening closure or large-scale job losses.
- For fighting trade unions, involving young workers and the unemployed.
- For training linked to decent jobs. No to cheap labour apprenticeships!
- For all apprentices to be paid at least the minimum wage, with a job guaranteed at the end.
- No to university fees.
- Support the Campaign to Defeat Fees.
- No to bullying management. For decent working conditions.
- For a living minimum wage of at least £8 an hour for all. No youth exemptions.
- Share out the work. For a 35-hour working week with no loss of pay.
- For government investment in socially useful jobs.
- For a massive public programme of house building, renovation and infrastructure projects. No to profiteering private companies running these projects.
Youth Fight for Jobs and NO2EU on the 'Put People First' demo, photo Paul Mattsson
In The Socialist 1 April 2009:
Socialist Party workplace news
Socialist Party Marxist analysis
Socialist Party election campaign
Socialist Party campaigns
International socialist news and analysis