Link to this page: http://www.socialistparty.org.uk/issue/562/6768
The Socialist 14 January 2009 |
Join the Socialist
Fight for your future
Brown and Co want to make young people pay for the economic crisis. That means higher education fees, low pay and unemployment. International Socialist Resistance launched the Youth Fight for Jobs campaign at the end of 2008 so that young people can organise and put forward a strategy that means a decent future. Join ISR! www.anticapitalism.org.uk
ISR campaigns for:
- The right to a decent job for all.
- We won't pay for their crisis!
- No to job losses. Open the account books to let workers see where the profits have gone.
- Bail out workers not bosses. Nationalise big industries threatening closure or large scale job losses.
- For fighting trade unions, involving young workers and the unemployed.
- For training linked to decent jobs.
- No to cheap labour apprenticeships! For all apprenticeships to pay at least the minimum wage, with a job guaranteed at the end.
- No to university fees. Support the Campaign to Defeat Fees.
- No to bullying management. For decent working conditions.
- For a living minimum wage of at least £8 an hour for all. No youth exemptions.
- Share out the work. For a 35 hour working week with no loss of pay.
- For government investment in socially useful jobs.
- For a massive public programme of house building, renovation and infrastructure projects.
- No to these projects being run by private companies who will put profit first.