Link to this page: https://www.socialistparty.org.uk/issue/687/12880
Join the Jarrow marchers on their 330 mile journey
Saturday 5 November
Embankment to Trafalgar Square, Assemble 12 noon on Embankment, near Temple tube
The Jarrow march is on its way to a town near you!
The North 1-7 October
Jarrow 1 October - Launch demo, Jarrow Park 12 noon
Durham 2 October - Rally/ gig, Miners Hall
Harrogate 6 October - Public meeting/ rally
Yorkshire 7-13 October
Leeds 7 October - TUC rally and reception, 8pm
Leeds 8 October - Demonstration, Parkinson Steps 12 noon
Leeds 9 October - film showing and talk
Sheffield 12 October - Job centre protest/ town hall rally, 4pm
East Midlands 13-19 October
Chesterfield 13 October - Meeting, Chesterfield Unemployed Workers' Centre
Mansfield 14 October - Protest, Mansfield College
Nottingham 15 October - Demonstration, 11.30am
Loughborough 16 October - Meeting, Old Pack Horse, 7.30pm
Leicester 17 October - Demonstration, Abbey Park 5pm
Leicester 18 October - Protest/play, Leicester university lunchtime
West Midlands 19-27 October
Coventry 22 October - Demonstration
Daventry 26 October - Public meeting
The South 27 October - 5 November
Northampton 28 October - Anti-cuts gig
Northampton 29 October - Rally, town square
Tottenham to Chingford march, 4th November - Protest at Iain Duncan Smith's constituency office
London 5 November - End demo, Embankment to Trafalgar Sq. 12 noon
Get your Jarrow march t-shirt now!
Available in sizes: Men's S, M, L
Women's M, L
Order online at www.jarrowmarch11.com
March for Jobs
75 years ago 200 unemployed men from Jarrow marched from their home in the North East to London to demand jobs and an end to their poverty conditions.
This October Youth Fight for Jobs is marching their route again to demand:
- A massive government scheme to create jobs which are socially useful and apprenticeships which offer guaranteed jobs at the end - both paying at least the minimum wage, with no youth exemptions.
- The immediate reinstatement of EMA payments, expanding them to be available to all 16-19 year olds.
- The immediate re-opening of all youth services that have been closed, including reinstating sacked staff.
- The scrapping of 'workfare' schemes - benefits should be based on need not forced slave labour.
- A massive building and refurbishment programme of environmentally sound, cheap social housing.
In The Socialist 28 September 2011:
Building for 30 November strike
Jarrow march for jobs
The Socialist's editorials
Socialist Party youth and students
Socialist Party news and analysis
International socialist news and analysis
Socialist Party workplace news
Socialist Party reports and campaigns
Socialist Party review