Link to this page: https://www.socialistparty.org.uk/issue/945/25306
Relaunch of socialistworld.net
The website of the Committee for a Workers' International (CWI) - the socialist international organisation to which the Socialist Party is affiliated - has undergone a makeover.
Major changes and improvements, including up-to-date layout and design, have been made to socialistworld.net. This includes more use of videos and other media to argue the case for socialism.
Fittingly, the relaunch is in the year of the 100th anniversary of the Russian revolution and has prominent links to the 1917revolution.org site, which was launched by the CWI earlier this year to celebrate and defend the socialist revolution and the genuine Marxist ideas of Lenin and Trotsky.
The website editors extend special thanks to the comrades from Izquierda Revolucionaria (Spanish state) who provided expert assistance for the relaunch.
Donate to the Socialist Party
Coronavirus crisis - Finance appeal
The coronavirus crisis has laid bare the class character of society in numerous ways. It is making clear to many that it is the working class that keeps society running, not the CEOs of major corporations.
The results of austerity have been graphically demonstrated as public services strain to cope with the crisis.
The government has now ripped up its 'austerity' mantra and turned to policies that not long ago were denounced as socialist. But after the corona crisis, it will try to make the working class pay for it, by trying to claw back what has been given.
- The Socialist Party's material is more vital than ever, so we can continue to report from workers who are fighting for better health and safety measures, against layoffs, for adequate staffing levels, etc.
- Our 'fighting coronavirus workers' charter', outlines a programme to combat the virus and protect workers' living conditions.
- When the health crisis subsides, we must be ready for the stormy events ahead and the need to arm workers' movements with a socialist programme - one which puts the health and needs of humanity before the profits of a few.
Inevitably, during the crisis we have not been able to sell the Socialist and raise funds in the ways we normally would.
We therefore urgently appeal to all our viewers to click here to donate to our special coronavirus appeal.
- Click here to read our full appeal statement
- Click here for our coronavirus articles and reports
- Click here to join the Socialist Party
In The Socialist 19 April 2017:
What we think
Socialist Party news and analysis
Jobstown Not Guilty
Save our NHS
International socialist news and analysis
Workplace news and analysis
Socialist readers' comments and reviews
Trade Unionist and Socialist Coalition