Link to this page: https://www.socialistparty.org.uk/issue/1010/27962
Join our Socialist sales drive for issue 1011
Chris Newby, the Socialist sales organiser
Throughout the summer, Socialist Party members have continued to build on the excellent sales drive for issue 1000 with tremendous sales across England and Wales.
This is on top of all the tremendous campaigning Socialist Party members carry out week in, week out, such as opposing social cleansing, defending the NHS, fighting the far right and defending local jobs and services.
Our members are doing a tremendous job getting the Socialist newspaper into the hands of as many people as possible.
We want to make sure that we finish this sales quarter with as big a flourish as possible by linking up with our Fighting Fund 'collectathon' and aiming to sell 500 extra copies of issue 1011.
Many of our members will be involved in stalls at university freshers' fairs and colleges. These will be good opportunities to increase our sales, particularly if we set a target for the week.
Can you organise extra activities in your area such as a midweek campaign stall, workplace or station sale? Can you run your Saturday stall for an hour longer? Every copy of the Socialist that we sell will help us smash through the sales drive target for this quarter and boost our finances.
Do you want to become a seller of the Socialist? You don't have to be a member. Contact us to arrange a supply of papers on a sale or return basis.
Donate to the Socialist Party
Coronavirus crisis - Finance appeal
The coronavirus crisis has laid bare the class character of society in numerous ways. It is making clear to many that it is the working class that keeps society running, not the CEOs of major corporations.
The results of austerity have been graphically demonstrated as public services strain to cope with the crisis.
The government has now ripped up its 'austerity' mantra and turned to policies that not long ago were denounced as socialist. But after the corona crisis, it will try to make the working class pay for it, by trying to claw back what has been given.
- The Socialist Party's material is more vital than ever, so we can continue to report from workers who are fighting for better health and safety measures, against layoffs, for adequate staffing levels, etc.
- Our 'fighting coronavirus workers' charter', outlines a programme to combat the virus and protect workers' living conditions.
- When the health crisis subsides, we must be ready for the stormy events ahead and the need to arm workers' movements with a socialist programme - one which puts the health and needs of humanity before the profits of a few.
Inevitably, during the crisis we have not been able to sell the Socialist and raise funds in the ways we normally would.
We therefore urgently appeal to all our viewers to click here to donate to our special coronavirus appeal.
- Click here to read our full appeal statement
- Click here for our coronavirus articles and reports
- Click here to join the Socialist Party
In The Socialist 19 September 2018:
Labour Party conference
Socialist Party news and analysis
International socialist news and analysis
Workplace news and analysis
Socialist Party reports and campaigns