Link to this page: https://www.socialistparty.org.uk/issue/1050/29376
Socialist Party Fighting Fund
Socialist Party members and supporters made a tremendous effort to get to nearly 90% of the target for the May to July fighting fund quarter. Determined to maintain our great record on the fighting fund, members raised over £11,000 over the course of the 'Collectathon' fortnight running up to the end of the quarter.
Well done to the 27 branches who reached 100% or more of their targets - five branches raised over 200% and four branches raised over £1,000 each. Branches are now planning their campaigns to make sure that they hit their targets in the next quarter.
Ken Douglas, Socialist Party national treasurer
- If you agree with what you read in the Socialist, consider making a donation to the Socialist Party's fighting fund:
- pay by card on 020 8988 8777or socialistparty.org.uk/donate
- cheques payable to'Socialist Party', PO Box 24697, London E11 1YD
Donate to the Socialist Party
Coronavirus crisis - Finance appeal
The coronavirus crisis has laid bare the class character of society in numerous ways. It is making clear to many that it is the working class that keeps society running, not the CEOs of major corporations.
The results of austerity have been graphically demonstrated as public services strain to cope with the crisis.
The government has now ripped up its 'austerity' mantra and turned to policies that not long ago were denounced as socialist. But after the corona crisis, it will try to make the working class pay for it, by trying to claw back what has been given.
- The Socialist Party's material is more vital than ever, so we can continue to report from workers who are fighting for better health and safety measures, against layoffs, for adequate staffing levels, etc.
- Our 'fighting coronavirus workers' charter', outlines a programme to combat the virus and protect workers' living conditions.
- When the health crisis subsides, we must be ready for the stormy events ahead and the need to arm workers' movements with a socialist programme - one which puts the health and needs of humanity before the profits of a few.
Inevitably, during the crisis we have not been able to sell the Socialist and raise funds in the ways we normally would.
We therefore urgently appeal to all our viewers to click here to donate to our special coronavirus appeal.
- Click here to read our full appeal statement
- Click here for our coronavirus articles and reports
- Click here to join the Socialist Party
In The Socialist 17 July 2019:
What we think
Imperial typewriters dispute
Moon landing 50 years on
Socialist Party reports and campaigns
International socialist news and analysis