Link to this page: https://www.socialistparty.org.uk/articles/29996
Posted on 10 December 2019 at 21:22 GMT
Come and discuss with the Socialist Party after the election
Socialist Party branches will be holding campaign stalls and meetings in the days after the election. If you would like to come and discuss the results and what they mean for the fight for socialist policies, please come and join us!
Below are some of the plans so far in London. For info on the Saturday stalls in other cities email email@example.com
For meetings click here.
Campaign stalls in London on Saturday 14th December
- Hackney Narroway, 11.30am
- Uxbridge town centre, 12 noon
- Wood Green by Morrisons, 11.30am
- Lewisham Clock Tower, 12 noon
- Stockwell underground station, 11.00am
- Walthamstow High Street, 12 noon
- Ealing Broadway by Morrisons, 12 noon
- Stratford by big steps up to Westfield, 12 noon
Meetings in London
Monday 16th December
- 7pm, William Morris Community Centre, 6-8 Greenleaf Road, Walthamstow, London E17 6QQ
- 7:30pm, Sylvia's Corner, 97 Aldworth Road, Stratford E15 4DN
- 7.30pm, in Lewisham Way near New Cross and New Cross Gate. Call 07813 621383 for details
Wednesday 18th December
- 7.30pm, Café Z-Bar, 58 Stoke Newington High Street, Hackney, London N16 7PB
- 7.15pm, Wood Green Social Club (Vic Butler suite), 3-4 Stuart Crescent, Wood Green, London N22 5NJ.
Thursday 19th December
- 7.30pm, South Ruislip - contact 07540 189052 for venue details
- 7.30pm, Middle Room, Bonnington Café, 11 Vauxhall Grove, Vauxhall, London SW8 1TD
- 7.30pm, West London Trade Union Club, 33-35 High Street, Acton, London W3 6ND
Donate to the Socialist Party
Coronavirus crisis - Finance appeal
The coronavirus crisis has laid bare the class character of society in numerous ways. It is making clear to many that it is the working class that keeps society running, not the CEOs of major corporations.
The results of austerity have been graphically demonstrated as public services strain to cope with the crisis.
The government has now ripped up its 'austerity' mantra and turned to policies that not long ago were denounced as socialist. But after the corona crisis, it will try to make the working class pay for it, by trying to claw back what has been given.
- The Socialist Party's material is more vital than ever, so we can continue to report from workers who are fighting for better health and safety measures, against layoffs, for adequate staffing levels, etc.
- Our 'fighting coronavirus workers' charter', outlines a programme to combat the virus and protect workers' living conditions.
- When the health crisis subsides, we must be ready for the stormy events ahead and the need to arm workers' movements with a socialist programme - one which puts the health and needs of humanity before the profits of a few.
Inevitably, during the crisis we have not been able to sell the Socialist and raise funds in the ways we normally would.
We therefore urgently appeal to all our viewers to donate to our special coronavirus appeal.
Phone our national office on 020 8988 8777
Locate your nearest Socialist Party branch Text your name and postcode to 07761 818 206
Regional Socialist Party organisers:
Eastern: 079 8202 1969
East Mids: 077 3797 8057
London: 075 4018 9052
North East: 078 4114 4890
North West 079 5437 6096
South West: 077 5979 6478
Southern: 078 3368 1910
Wales: 079 3539 1947
West Mids: 024 7655 5620
Yorkshire: 077 0671 0041