Link to this page: https://www.socialistparty.org.uk/articles/33167
Posted on 19 October 2021 at 17:22 GMT
Socialist Party in Unite: After Sharon Graham's victory - building a fighting left in Unite
- Socialist Party fringe meeting at Unite policy conference
Tuesday 19th October 2021, 17-30
Jury's Inn (suite 1), Keel Wharf, Liverpool
- Rob Williams, Socialist Party trade union organiser & ex-Unite convenor at Ford/Visteon
- Vicko Plevnik, victimised Unite rep at St Mungo's (personal capacity)
Donate to the Socialist Party
The coronavirus crisis has laid bare the class character of society in numerous ways. It is making clear to many that it is the working class that keeps society running, not the CEOs of major corporations.
The results of austerity have been graphically demonstrated as public services strain to cope with the crisis.
- The Socialist Party's material is more vital than ever, so we can continue to report from workers who are fighting for better health and safety measures, against layoffs, for adequate staffing levels, etc.
- We must be ready for the stormy events ahead and the need to arm workers' movements with a socialist programme - one which puts the health and needs of humanity before the profits of a few.
Inevitably, during the crisis we have not been able to sell the Socialist and raise funds in the ways we normally would.
We therefore urgently appeal to all our viewers to donate to our Fighting Fund.
Phone our national office on 020 8988 8777
Email: [email protected]
Locate your nearest Socialist Party branch Text your name and postcode to 07761 818 206
Regional Socialist Party organisers:
Eastern: 079 8202 1969
East Mids: 077 3797 8057
London: 075 4018 9052
North East: 078 4114 4890
North West 079 5437 6096
South West: 077 5979 6478
Southern: 078 3368 1910
Wales: 077 7221 5281
West Mids: 024 7655 5620
Yorkshire: 078 0983 9793