Link to this page: https://www.socialistparty.org.uk/issue/524/3873
International Socialist Resistance demonstrate against war
Five years of hell
End the occupation
No to war for oil, profit and prestige
For a socialist world without war and poverty
- The billions wasted on war and nuclear weapons should be spent on improving public services.
- No to all imperialist wars and occupations. For the immediate withdrawal of the troops from Iraq and Afghanistan.
- End the siege of Gaza!
- Don't attack Iran!
- For a new mass workers' party to represent the anti-war, anti- privatisation majority.
- For the right of the Iraqi and Afghan people to determine their own future and for workers' unity.
- For a democratic and socialist plan of production to end inequality and war.
"Labour's slavish support for the bloody invasion and occupation of Iraq is shameful.
It has not been about the 'restoration of democracy' after Saddam - but protection of America's political and economic interests, particularly oil.
We urgently need an independent, political alternative for working people that would be anti-war, socialist and internationalist."
Socialist Party councillor Dave Nellist Chair, Campaign for a New Workers' Party. Labour MP from 1983-1992
Troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan
Called by Stop the War Coalition, CND, BMI
Saturday 15 March, assemble 12noon, Trafalgar Square, London WC2
In The Socialist 12 March 2008:
Workplace news and analysis
Socialist Party NHS campaign
Post Office closures
Socialist Party feature
International socialist news
Socialist Party review