Link to this page: https://www.socialistparty.org.uk/issue/455/5555
The Socialist 21 September 2006 |
Join the Socialist
The Socialist Party says:
- No cuts! No closures! No to health privatisation and 'the market.'
- Abandon the Private Finance Initiative (PFI). No more profiteering
by building companies and banks. All new hospitals to be built with
public funding, not for private profit, and using direct labour.
- Rebuild the NHS as a publicly funded and provided service free at
the point of use, with immediate cash to end the crisis of
- Representatives of NHS workers, trade unions and health service
users should make decisions on how the NHS is run and what its
- Nationalise the pharmaceutical industry, the pharmacy chains and
medical supply industry under working-class control and management to
end the massive subsidy these parasites drain from the NHS. Integrate
these services into a democratically controlled NHS.