Link to this page: https://www.socialistparty.org.uk/issue/588/7554
The Socialist 21 July 2009 |
Join the Socialist
Pensions: We say
SOCIALIST MEASURES to provide decent pensions would include ending the hundreds of billions in tax cuts to big business and taxing these companies' mega-profits to allow:
- An immediate 50% increase in the state pension as a step towards a living pension.
- Reinstate the link with average earnings now.
- Part-time work with part pension to bridge the gap between work and retirement for those that want it.
- For full compensation, paid for by government, of all victims of pension scandals and/or pension mis-selling.
- Take pension provision out of the hands of private speculators. For the right to retire at 55.