All Campaigns subcategories:
Students and workers out together on Budget Day, 11 March
Socialist Students is backing protests against the Tory budget on 11 March.
They offer us no future whatsoever. Instead, what's on offer is a lifetime of student debt, poverty pay and housing, and climate crisis.
The lives of students and young people have been blotted by a decade of Tory austerity and misery.
Boris Johnson's words about austerity being over are hollow. The government has announced that all government departments will see a 5% spending cut.
Our education system is not safe. University campuses are in complete disarray. Tory-driven marketisation is piling up grievances for students and workers alike.
Socialist Students says:
- Fight for free, fully funded university education
- Cancel all outstanding student debt
- Reverse the marketisation of higher education
- Build council homes and university-run, not-for-profit student housing
- End low pay and zero-hour contracts
- Build a united student and worker fightback on the campuses against the Tories
- Read the full statement at socialiststudents.org.uk
Theo Sharieff, Socialist Students national organiser
Phone our national office on 020 8988 8777
Locate your nearest Socialist Party branch Text your name and postcode to 07761 818 206
Regional Socialist Party organisers:
Eastern: 079 8202 1969
East Mids: 077 3797 8057
London: 07748 534 891
North East: 078 4114 4890
North West 079 5437 6096
South West: 077 5979 6478
Southern: 078 3368 1910
Wales: 079 3539 1947
West Mids: 024 7655 5620
Yorkshire: 077 0671 0041