All International subcategories:
South Asia keywords:
Solidarity with Kashmir workers
THE TRADE Union Rights Campaign - Kashmir [TURC-K] is in the forefront of helping to organise solidarity for thousands of earthquake-affected public sector workers in Pakistani Occupied Kashmir.
On 18 March workers began an indefinite strike in Rawalakot. The main protest demonstration was led by the public works department workers' banner, demanding the overdue salaries of workers who have not been paid for the last 19 months.
The Employees Action Committee, through the TURC-K, has made an appeal to trade unionists and young people for messages of solidarity to the striking workers and protests to the authorities concerned. TURC-K is organising solidarity action in Kashmir.
TURC- K, Kotli, Kashmir
Please include in letters of protest the necessity to implement the following demands of the Employees Action Committee:
- Pay overdue salaries to workers
- Pay compensation instalments to earthquake affected workers
- Release the HBA (House Building Advances) at district level
- Regularise contract workers
- Increase salaries, linked with inflation
- Set up labour laws and labour courts in Kashmir.
- All workers in the state should be given the right to form trade unions.
- All anti-labour laws scrapped, including the Special Power Act.
Please send letters of protest to:
- Sardar Attique Ahmed Khan. Prime Minister of Azad Jammu and Kashmir email@example.com
- President Musharraf of the Federal government of Pakistan CE@pak.gov.pk
Please send all solidarity messages to: Employees Action Committee, c/o TURC-K: firstname.lastname@example.org
Full report and pictures see www.socialistworld.net
11 Dec Avenue of trees saved!
Phone our national office on 020 8988 8777
Locate your nearest Socialist Party branch Text your name and postcode to 07761 818 206
Regional Socialist Party organisers:
Eastern: 0798 202 1969
East Mids: 0773 797 8057
London: 020 8988 8786
North East: 0784 114 4890
North West 07954 376 096
South East: 020 8988 8777
South West: 07759 796 478
Southern: 07833 681910
Wales: 07935 391 947
West Mids: 02476 555 620
Yorkshire: 0114 264 6551