Link to this page: http://www.socialistparty.org.uk/issue/431/5058
- The occupation of Iraq by US-led coalition forces has been a disaster.
- An estimated 100,000 Iraqis have been killed along with more than 2,300 US and 100 UK troops.
- The coalition-supported Iraq government has used torture against its opponents and US forces have used chemical weapons against civilians.
- Every Bush/Blair political initiative has failed and the country is descending into a violent, sectarian civil war.
- Billions in reconstruction aid have been squandered on 'security', big business profits and siphoned-off in bribes and corruption.
- Electricity, water and other essential services work only intermittently and are worse than before the March 2003 invasion. Oil production is below its pre-war levels.
Demonstrate on 18 March
Withdraw all troops
For workers' unity to fight sectarianism
Stop the War Coalition
Assemble 12 noon Parliament Square, London SW1
In The Socialist 16 March 2006: