Link to this page: http://www.socialistparty.org.uk/issue/446/5304
What the Socialist Party says:
- No to NHS job losses, cuts and closures.
- No to health privatisation and 'the market'. Rebuild the NHS as a publicly funded service free at the point of use, and with immediate cash to end the crisis of under-funding.
- Unite the many campaigns already in existence to defend the NHS.
- The unions should name the day for a national weekday demonstration and industrial action against the attacks on NHS jobs and services.
- Prepare for a one-day strike of NHS workers, with NHS staff deciding levels of emergency cover.
- The health unions should stop giving money to New Labour, whose pro-market policies are destroying the NHS. Join the Campaign for a New Workers' Party.
In The Socialist 29 June 2006:
Socialist Party NHS campaign
Socialist Party youth and students
Socialist Party feature
International socialist news and analysis
Socialist Party campaigns
Socialist Party workplace news and analysis