Link to this page: https://www.socialistparty.org.uk/issue/540/6223
From The Socialist newspaper, 2 July 2008
Hands off our NHS!
On its 60th anniversary, we call for a mass campaign to defend our health service
On the 'Save the NHS' march, 3 November 2007 , photo Paul Mattsson
- End big business profiteering out of the NHS! Abandon the Private Finance Initiative (PFI). No to private polyclinics replacing local GP surgeries.
- Place all health services and buildings under public ownership. For a well-funded service, free at the point of use, to provide for everyone's health needs.
- Abolish the business competition of 'internal market', trusts, and 'payment by results'.
- End NHS job losses and low pay. Give health workers an above-inflation pay increase.
- Nationalise the pharmaceutical and medical supply industries, and all private health providers, with compensation paid only on the basis of proven need. Bring them under working-class control and management.
- For a socialist programme to end poverty and inequality - the biggest killers and causes of ill health.
Why not click here to join the Socialist Party, or click here to donate to the Socialist Party.
In The Socialist 2 July 2008:
Hands off our NHS!
Feature: 60 years of the NHS
Socialist Party campaigns
Local government strike action: Workers say: 'enough is enough!'
Fight Labour's welfare privatisation
91% of pay deals are below inflation
Workers united against pay freeze
Socialist Party news and analysis
Education - class segregation grows
Boris Johnson reveals his real policies
Royals down to their last crown?
Union support for demo to stop BNP 'festival'
National Shop Stewards Network
National Shop Stewards Network: Rebuilding trade union strength
Campaign for a New Workers Party
Campaign for a New Workers' Party
Obituary: Terry Fields
Socialist Party LGBT
LGBT London Pride: No to homophobia
International socialist news and analysis
Mugabe clique tightens its grip on Zimbabwe
Big oil returns to Iraq
Poland: Thousands join 'hands off the Labour Code' demo
Socialist Party workplace news
PCS shows action gets results
Visteon workers win 5%
For a fighting, democratic Usdaw
Tube cleaners in pay strike
Victory for Belfast Airport shop stewards
East London street cleaners fight privatised employer
The Socialist 2 July 2008 |
Join the Socialist
Phone our national office on 020 8988 8777
Locate your nearest Socialist Party branch Text your name and postcode to 07761 818 206
Regional Socialist Party organisers:
Eastern: 0798 202 1969
East Mids: 0773 797 8057
London: 020 8988 8786
North East: 0191 421 6230
North West 07769 611 320
South East: 020 8988 8777
South West: 07759 796 478
Southern: 07833 681910
Wales: 07935 391 947
West Mids: 02476 555 620
Yorkshire: 0114 264 6551