Link to this page: https://www.socialistparty.org.uk/issue/619/9337
From The Socialist newspaper, 7 April 2010
Defend jobs and services - Fight for a workers' alternative
Civil Servants on strike in March 2010, photo by Paul Mattsson
- No cuts in public services and jobs. For fully funded, publicly owned and democratically run public services.
- For an immediate 50% increase in the state retirement pension, as a step towards a living pension. Reinstate the link with average earnings now.
- No to mass unemployment. For investment in socially useful job creation programmes, such as house building, youth facilities and other services.
- Stop all privatisation and take privatised services back in-house.
- Build local anti-cuts campaigns to defend jobs and services.
- For a major trade union-initiated national demonstration.
- For a united struggle of public sector unions, including a one-day public sector strike.
- Break the trade union link with New Labour. For a new mass workers' party. Vote for and support Trade Unionist and Socialist Coalition election candidates as an important step in this direction.
- For a democratic socialist alternative to ensure the wealth of society and production can be used and planned to meet the needs of all and of the environment, rather than to increase the wealth of the rich.
Why not click here to join the Socialist Party, or click here to donate to the Socialist Party.
In The Socialist 7 April 2010:
Defend jobs and services - Fight for a workers' alternative - Vote TUSC
General Election 6 May: A Socialist Challenge
Socialist Party editorial
Mobilise to defend the right to strike
London Underground workers balloting
Socialist Party election campaign
Stand up for the millions, not the millionaires!
Reject the parties of cuts and privatisation
Socialist Campaign launched in Coventry
New Labour meltdown in Stoke
Making an impact in Huddersfield
Hazel Must Go! opposes cuts to Salford NHS
Trade Unionist and Socialist Coalition
Socialist Party campaigns
Cuts bite in north west
March to defend the welfare state
Tories reveal yet more anti-gay bias
'Free schools' or free-for-all?
News in brief
Socialist Party workplace news
NUT conference again calls for action on workload
Ex-Visteon workers continue fight for pensions
Industrial news in brief
Mobilise students and workers to defeat cuts and tuition fees
International socialist news and analysis
Kazakhstan: "change the politicians - or they will change you!"
Mass protests and strikes continue to shake Algeria
Tekel workers brutally attacked by police
The real lessons of the poll tax
The Socialist 7 April 2010 |
Join the Socialist
Phone our national office on 020 8988 8777
Locate your nearest Socialist Party branch Text your name and postcode to 07761 818 206
Regional Socialist Party organisers:
Eastern: 0798 202 1969
East Mids: 0773 797 8057
London: 020 8988 8786
North East: 0191 421 6230
North West 07769 611 320
South East: 020 8988 8777
South West: 07759 796 478
Southern: 07833 681910
Wales: 07935 391 947
West Mids: 02476 555 620
Yorkshire: 0114 264 6551