All Organisations subcategories:
Trade Union keywords:
Them & Us
- A study by the Sutton Trust and the Social Mobility Commission has discovered what we already know - 'top' jobs are still dominated by a tiny rich elite.
- Royal accounts reveal that renovating Harry Windsor and Megan Markle's new home cost £2.4 million - paid for by you and me - after it was transformed from five homes to one!
- Despite 'green' window dressing by the Queen, the Royal family's carbon footprint doubled in the last year.
- Research by Greener UK and the Climate Coalition has discovered that nearly 70% of people want faster action to fight climate change.
- Since 1988, just 100 companies are responsible for 71% of greenhouse gas emissions. And the government is making it even harder for individuals to lower emissions.
- The government is jacking up the VAT - where you pay the same no matter what you earn - on solar-battery systems from 5% to 20%.
- Restaurant chain Wahaca has been forced to reverse its illegal and barbaric policy of charging waiters when customers leave without paying.
- Sheer embarrassment brought on this climb down. But we can't rely on the capitalists' blushes for decent rights at work.
- Strike action by Food workers' union BFAWU beat zero-hour contracts at Hovis and won a pay rise at McDonalds.
28 Jul Jobs and homes for all
28 Jul Nationality and borders bill
Phone our national office on 020 8988 8777
Email: [email protected]
Locate your nearest Socialist Party branch Text your name and postcode to 07761 818 206
Regional Socialist Party organisers:
Eastern: 079 8202 1969
East Mids: 077 3797 8057
London: 075 4018 9052
North East: 078 4114 4890
North West 079 5437 6096
South West: 077 5979 6478
Southern: 078 3368 1910
Wales: 077 7221 5281
West Mids: 024 7655 5620
Yorkshire: 078 0983 9793