Link to this page: http://www.socialistparty.org.uk/issue/540/6223
The Socialist 2 July 2008 |
Join the Socialist
Hands off our NHS!
On its 60th anniversary, we call for a mass campaign to defend our health service
On the 'Save the NHS' march, 3 November 2007 , photo Paul Mattsson
- End big business profiteering out of the NHS! Abandon the Private Finance Initiative (PFI). No to private polyclinics replacing local GP surgeries.
- Place all health services and buildings under public ownership. For a well-funded service, free at the point of use, to provide for everyone's health needs.
- Abolish the business competition of 'internal market', trusts, and 'payment by results'.
- End NHS job losses and low pay. Give health workers an above-inflation pay increase.
- Nationalise the pharmaceutical and medical supply industries, and all private health providers, with compensation paid only on the basis of proven need. Bring them under working-class control and management.
- For a socialist programme to end poverty and inequality - the biggest killers and causes of ill health.